Wednesday 17 June 2015

Harrowing experience with Emirates Airline

I would just like to record my disgust and dismay at the way Emirates has handled my case recently. I took a one-and-a-half hour direct flight to Dubai from Karachi four days ago and found that I had not only arrived without my luggage on this short direct flight, but that Emirates was unable to trace my luggage or send it to me on any one of its numerous fights in the next three days. I was on a business trip and landed without my papers, clothes, chargers for mobiles and laptop, toiletries, medicines, etc. To top it all most of the Emirates staff I spoke to after being put on hold for hours on end each time, were rude and unapologetic. After going through extreme stress, incurring untold expenses and mucking up my trip that ought to have been a tension-free, successful conference, I finally received my bags, three days later, yesterday early morning when I was due to fly back to Karachi in the afternoon. You would think that the airline would be abashed by this complete display of incompetence and negligence and would have tried to make amends by offering to upgrade me at the very least, and reimbursing me for all my expenses incurred. Instead, I was told that I would be given a measely $50 a day for my expenses. However, when I reached the airport, I was informed that  I would not even be given that and would be paid the princely sum of $50 for the entire three day period. After I put my foot down and refused to settle for it, they first offered me $100 and then finally grudgingly, $150 which they converted into 550 dirhams. Had all this unprofessional behaviour and lack of customer service been shown by PIA,  I would have perhaps understood but I can't get over the fact that this disgusting display was by an airline supposed to be one of the best to travel with, and one of the most expensive I may add. It seems the airline has really gone down the drain; perhaps it has so much business now that it really doesn't care for its customer's satisfaction.

No comments: